As I close-in on ending my experience of playing the game, Candy Crush Soda Saga by King.com – I decided to create a short blog post about this game in order to help other game-players create a more enjoyable experience.
I started playing Candy Crush Soda Saga last month because I was in isolation due to Covid19 restrictions. I needed something to occupy my time and I decided that playing this game would fill the emptiness, as I live alone and there is not anybody here.
I am at Level 2,332
There are currently 6,490 levels in this game; which I think is just horrendous – it’s too much for people who want a sense of personal achievement.
I will probably receive hate-mail regarding this statement; but I do not recommend this game to many people. If you fit in a niche category of demographics; such as having money to spare, excess time to spare and a higher IQ than the average, then go ahead and play this game. If you do not fit in this situation, I would recommend you not play this game.
If you are new to playing Candy Crush Soda Saga, be aware that there are levels that are so difficult that the only way to win the level is by having a full arsenal of boosters at your disposal. There are levels so difficult that no matter what you try by way of game-moves you will fail. This is one of my biggest frustrations about this game; it is designed to hopefully make you want to open your wallet and spend money.
If you want alternatives to Candy Crush Soda Saga (not produced by King.com) which are in the “match-3 / match-4” category; you can find many games through the Google Play Store. King.com does not have a monopoly on the “match-3” game genre, there are others to choose from; and there are plenty which are free, not aggressive with plying you to open your wallet and lots of fun.
In the end, I do not recommend this game and I will be un-installing this game today. It is definitely a time-waster; there’s nothing physical to show for it in achievement and it is heavy on the wallet.
Here are some tips to help improve your game experience.
- Do not use the “Activate Rush” feature. It’s sole purpose is to use your boosters quickly; which is not what you want if you are on a budget.
- The Swedish Fish are your best friends. Quickly learning game moves to give you Swedish Fish will help you immensely in playing this game. Swedish Fish used in combination with the Color Bomb will make your game level easier.
- Combining a Color Bomb with a Coloring Candy seems to be the ultimate booster combination that can make you the winner of a level much easier.
- Combining a Coloring Candy with a Swedish Fish is a nice way to make things easier in a game level.
- Do not be intimidated by the Race feature in this game. At the end of the race, the most you will receive is 5 gold bars. In my opinion, that is not enough to let yourself be filled with anxiety in an attempt to be in first place.
- If you are on a budget, do not use the Piggy Bank. You earned gold bars through game play and King.com takes them away from you and forces you to pay for the bars, which is not exactly fair.
- If you are the Admin of a team; do not be shy about removing players who pass zero levels. Remember, it’s a team; and, just like in the sports world, if a team member does not add to the team’s progress, they can be removed. It is the same with Candy Crush Soda Saga. There are plenty of players that will fill the vacated spot.
- If you win a Golden Ticket, just forget about it. If you purchase the items, you will not get as much compared to what you can purchase in the store directly.
Here are some tips for King.com to improve the game experience.
- At the onset of playing this game, I was filled with excitement and it was all a novel experience. As the game continued (especially after level 500), I found myself becoming bored. It’s basically the same interface with more difficult boards and I started to lose interest.
- Change the background depending on level of play. It remains the same throughout the game.
- A seasoned game-player of Candy Crush Soda Saga who is in the upper-levels does not need to be reminded about the Golden Ticket over and over.
- It is quite annoying to spend time on a Hard Level and experience gratification of completing a level; only to go onto the next level which is another Hard Level. Too many Hard Levels are bunched together; spread things out with some easy levels to make the game more enjoyable.
- One of my biggest complaints about this game is the lack of something physical that shows achievements. I would like to suggest a “Print Certificate” feature that appears sparingly throughout the game. A nice certificate hanging on my wall showing my level in the game would be really nifty. This feature could be via a dialog presented at levels 100, 500, 1000, and every 500 levels thereafter.
Over-N-Out. – Floyd